Cyber Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist
Wake County, NC
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta has an immediate need for aCyber Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialistin Raleigh, NC
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer has extensive IT experience in all aspects of Cyber Security with a vast array of IT systems involving end user as well as enterprise level networks. Experience in designing and implementing systems that meet agency Cyber Security policy and regulations. Must have extensive experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI and secured networks.
A BS/BA Degree with 12 to 15 years, or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Acts as the overall lead, manager and administrator for USPS Boundary Security effort.
- Serve as one of the primary interface and point of contact with USPS Managers representatives on technical and program/project issues.
- Oversee the team projects and brief senior leadership weekly on the status of each project.
- Support and maintain security tools to include Splunk, Symantec Endpoint Management, Tenable Security Center, etc.
- Work closely with both business partners and technical teams to identify risks and assist in developing and implementing appropriate mitigating controls.
- Responsible for providing leadership and guidance for junior level security analysts.
- Serve as project point of contact with stakeholders and corporate audit teams.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- Coordinate data collection, policy changes and audit schedules with IT team members.
- Work with Technical Architecture team to coordinate implementation of technical solutions for remediating compliance gaps.
- Compile project data and reports on status of key projects to management.
- Consult with management and customers regarding product feasibility and viability of network infrastructure plans and designs and include emerging technology and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provide advanced support for the diagnosis and resolution of complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical systems and applications.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; research information security standards; conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; study architecture/platform; identify integration issues; prepare cost estimates.
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls and related security and network devices; design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
This position requires United States Citizenship and eligibility to**obtain a sensitive clearance Position of Public Trust required.**
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)