Cyber Watch Analyst IV
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Working as expert, conduct research and evaluate technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to networked weapons platforms and customer information networks. Analyzes network events to determine the impact on current operations and conduct all-source research to determine advisory capability and intent. Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information. Correlates threat data from various sources. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes. Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and network operations officials.
- 12-hour Day Shift schedule on the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) Watch Floor
- Current shift open is every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and every other Wednesday. (84 hours over 2 weeks)
- Collaborate between CIRT elements as necessary during incident detection and response stages
- Respond promptly to all request for support whether telephonic, via e-mail or instant messenger
- Create releasable finished intelligence products and reports for the IC as well as IC Senior Leadership
- Maintain incident case management database for all reported incidents
- Analyze incidents and events captured in the Case Management Database for trends, patterns, or actionable information
- Review incidents and events captured in the Case Management Database after closure for investigative sufficiency and timeliness
- Leverage existing business processes and document new repeatable business processes and procedures where necessary
- Research external information on events, incidents, outages, threats, and technical vulnerabilities
- Coordinate and disseminate the best course of action for the IC enterprise during cybersecurity events, incidents, outages, threats and technical vulnerabilities with IC-IRC fusion analysis team
- Assess incidents to identify type of attack, collect evidence, and assess impact
Must have an active TS/SCI w/poly security clearance
8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- 3-5 years of Cyber Threat Analysis experience
- Experience working within a Security or Network Operations Center
- Experience working with Security incident and event management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows and Linux environments
- Demonstrated experience with drafting reports, documenting case details, and able to summarize findings and recommendations based on system analysis
- BS degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Network Engineering, or Computer forensics
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one of the following tools/techniques: ArcSight ESM, Splunk Enterprise, FireEye, SolarWinds, Remedy, and/or McAfee ePolicy
- Relevant Certifications: Security +, CySA+, CASP+, CEH, CISSP, GCIA, Splunk Certified User
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)