Cyberspace Operations Engineer 3
Annapolis Junction, MD
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Candidate will support the development of the Enterprise Security efforts required to support delivery of the Enterprise IT-as-a-Service (EITaaS), Zero Trust Architecture, and Cloud Security initiatives. While representing USCYBERCOM, the candidate will ensure capabilities align with DoD governing policies and meet the intent of the development objective or capability; provide subject matter expertise to achieve joint full spectrum network interoperability and integration for EITaaS, Zero Trust, and Cloud Security Implementation; determine user requirements and design specifications for networks identifying gaps and overlaps across existing DODIN Operations and DCO technical capabilities; develop processes and procedures to implement and ensure Enterprise Security operational requirements are met DoD-wide; organize, coordinate, and de-conflict Enterprise Security activities and participate in working groups and other related events; coordinate with stakeholders to advise and assist with the planning and identification of mission assurance requirements; and assess and evaluate new network technologies and make recommendations regarding integration.
- Provides unique area of expertise when communicating the benefits of specific technologies
- Contributes to USCYBERCOM mission and direction in helping improve technical practices
- Applies Network Engineering principles, methods, and tools for integrating components (for example, network equipment, protocols, telephony) to develop a functional system or prototype to test the security of computer networks
- With no guidance, deploys, configures, improves, and supports scalable production and corporate network infrastructure following enterprise best practices, including writingrecommendations and specifying equipment
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of Network Infrastructure Design as it relates to the architecture/topology of software/hardware/networks, including LANS/WANS, their components and associated protocols and standards, and how they integrate with one another
- Provides technical leadership and manages the short-and long-term needs of USCYBERCOM networks, and supports projects requiring network resources and development of network-related policies and procedures
- Analyzes, identifies, and resolves network operational issues to ensure optimum performance and network capacity, and assists with the support of all server platforms that communicate through the network to determine requirements for new and existing systems
- Performs data/information management in coordination with other team members
- Evaluates and selects IT services, application software, and hardware products and coordinates project teams using effective work planning and oversight practices
- Provides recommendations on current and pertinent technology; identifies and recommends strategic directions based on technical changes in the computer industry
- Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Applies network engineering, operations, architecture, and sound management practices to manage technical staff to meet projects schedules
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IASAE Level II Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working as a Cybersecurity Network Engineer.
- Military background and experience at the CCMD, Department, or Joint Staff level.
- Experience supporting executive level engagements, i.e., boards, committees and/or working groups.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)