Database Administrator (OCONUS)
Collin County, TX
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
TheDatabase Administrator will hold acurrent/active DoD Secret clearance.
Position is based in Sembach, Germany, relocation is required. This position requires TESA approval (Technical Expert Status) from the German authorities.
- Implements and optimizes the computerized database systems that support the Company's or client's ability to function on a daily basis.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- May develop stored procedures and/or triggers. Administers a variety of database systems ,such as Microsoft SQL Server, and other Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Develops and enforces database administration and user standards and procedures; audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using SQL and NOSQL commands.
- Oversees the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites.
- Assists Database Designers/Information System Analysts in the development and creation of SQL and Web-based databases and database systems.
- Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials produced by staff; researches and implements new database and online technology; should have working knowledge of Couch DB, Mongo DB; be able to write queries in NOSQL; experience with Linux OS.
- Security+; or another qualifiying certification (required)
- Bachelors degree and 5 years specialized experience; or an Associates degree or major industry certification and 7 years of specialized experience; or 11 years of specialized experience.
- Must be experienced in managing relational database management systems (RDBS) such as SQL Server, and able to obtain the appropriate industry certification.
- Require expertise with using the Windows Operating Systems, Structured Query Language (SQL), and the standard Microsoft Office Automation Suite.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)