Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation. Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases. Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability. Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
The selected candidate will support efforts to implement an enterprise level data services architecture, contributing to development of plans, user guides, training materials, and communications about tools and services.
- Support the Data Steward in development of an enterprise data management strategy including data management plan, change management process, managing data issues
- Establish and maintain configuration and data management policies and procedures
- Document business logic to improve users understanding of information contained in charts and reports from an analytics dashboard
- Review newly developed application modules to provide recommendations for standardization of field names, domain lists and constraints on fields to support workflow, and consistency and customization of error messages
- Assist in development of logical and physical data models, to include data dictionaries, of legacy systems for incorporation into an enterprise wide data model
- Assist in performing data analysis and mapping from legacy systems to enterprise logical data models to determine compliance with relevant standards and to identify new data objects for the enterprise model
- Assist with development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development
- Provide data modeling and data engineering support
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs (e.g. MySQL/TSQL/Oracle)
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and application
- Experience with implementing data analysis tools, evaluating various types of data, evaluating various datasets, and determining practical solutions to data challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work in a team environment and lead technical discussions
- Knowledge of customer information security and data policies
- CMMI/DMMI, DMBOK familiarity
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, ServiceNow, JIRA, Remedy, SharePoint
- Experience working in Agile environment
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or
10 to 13 years with MS/MA or
7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Clearance Required- TS/SCI W POLY
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)