Documentation Review Specialist
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
- Assess the completeness of information provided in security documentation against strict quality standards.
- Improve feedback process to assist customers in developing quality, consistent and repeatable documentation.
- Perform analysis of common failures recorded in review to develop trend analysis to determine, communicate, and reduce deficiencies.
- Conduct audits and reviews of security documentation and technical artifacts.
- Prepare, collect, review, and virtualize training material on policy, process, tools, and guidance as requested.
- Conduct training that is in person, via conference calls, or virtually using a number effective of training materials.
- Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures.
- Perform analysis and trending of performance and metrics on a routine and ad-hoc basis.
- Examine security documentation, system artifacts, configurations, and other relative material to identify areas of improvement with security posture of Information Systems.
- Develop and maintain methodology for conducting and maintaining all reviews.
- Prepare monthly reports, meeting minutes, analysis of customer feedback, and improvement plans for all reviews as needed.
- Participate in numerous working groups to provide training and guidance to numerous Components.
- Work closely with Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to provide guidance and oversight for all requested initiatives.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Associates Degree or 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to perform all tasks identified in the Job Description.
- Technical background and ability to review complex configurations for validation (i.e. Software Engineering, Network Engineering, System Administrator, Database Administrator background).
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800-53, 800-37, Risk Management Framework, POA&Ms and Waivers required.
- Ability to design, develop, automate, manage, and optimize reviews and material.
- Ability to compose and comprehend policy, procedure, guidance, demos, and training documentation.
- Expected to have superior communication and customer service skills to support training, help desk ticket responses, and support of a large enterprise wide customer base.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and utilizing workflows to manage document reviews, versions, and approvals.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation.
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800-53, 800-37, Risk Management Framework, POA&Ms, Waivers, Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Knowledge of Security Authorization, Security Assessment, Ongoing Authorization, and Authority to Operate.
- Technical background.
- Experience with Nessus, McAfee, Symantec, Retina, and Splunk software and output formats.
- Knowledge of DHS 4300A.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)