Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together.
We are looking for a**Information System Security Officer (ISSO)**
The person that fills this position will be expected to perform the following:
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policy
- Assist with integrated, dynamic Cyber defense, coordinate and maintain security toolsets to support organizations continuous monitoring and ongoing authorization programs, and establish a framework by which cyber risk can be measured and quantified in the marketplace.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifiy security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
Assess current ACAS implementations for each of the GEN networks and recommend changes.
Manage Information Security Vulnerability Management compliance.
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and integration of a DoD IA architectures, systems, or system components for use within computing, network, and enclave environments.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of development and operational systems are functional and secure. This include designs for program of record systems and special purpose processing nodes with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 8 + years of ISSO experience
- Security+ or Network+ and CISSP certification
- DOD Secret clearance
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, and experience with cross functional managements
- Communicate across communities with exceptional written and oral communications skills, including executive-level presentations
- Recognized expert within the company, who designs, researches and develops highly advanced applications, which may result in new product/business opportunities for the company.
- Leads efforts to capture new business through technical work and capability briefings.
- Experience with Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) implementation in the DoD.
- Experience with RMF
- Experience with cloud computing security (Azure)
- Experience with leading POA&M activities to ensure weaknesses are resolved in accordance to their scheduled dates.
- Experience with creating waivers and risk acceptance memorandums to effectively manage system risks.
Prior CDM experience preferred, but not required
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)