Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Enhances existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available and Open Source IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the systems engineering team.
- Independent, self-starter problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical ability, with strong time management skills , that requires limited/no supervision
- Ability to manage customer expectations through flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands, and written communications of all deviations to planned schedules
- Accuracy and attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate by verbal and written communication, for technical issues, to both technical project team and nontechnical audiences
- Manage IT system infrastructure and processes
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of customer IT Systems
- Provide second level problem diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Education: Associates degree or higher; or 5+ years related experience.
- Nagios Experience
- Must be able to support On-Call Schedule
- Must have an aptitude to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, and Administration of UNIX/Linux based middleware platforms (i.e. IBM WebSphere, IBM MQ, Tomcat, Apache Web Server, Resin)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows system administration (command line level), including experience with PowerShell and Scripting (Python, JSON, Ruby, BASH).
- Experience supporting JAVA Applications Services with dependencies on F5 load balancers, external web service calls, proxy gateways, JDBC and JMS/MQ.
- Experience with these scripting languages: PowerShell, JSON, Python, Terraform, Ruby for Chef, Java, Bash, YAML, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI.
- Experience with Cloud Migration, automation and DevOps tools: Such as: Chef Server/Chef Automate, Puppet, or Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, SonarQube, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, Crucible/Fisheye, Git/GitHub, Subversion, Packer, Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Azure including migration, deployments, automation of build-outs for Stack and Containerize Environments; and best practices in all major services they provide including but not limited to: networking, image management, compute, storate, monitoring and App-Services.
- Security using LDAP registry and setup of SSO using SPNEGO and SAML
- Advanced troubleshooting skills including analyzing log & trace files, opening service requests, collecting documentation, working with Vendors, and driving problem resolution.
- Ability to coordinate configuration changes, installs, & upgrades with application ownersincluding planning, scheduling, status reporting, and following company change control procedures.
- Ability to create support documentation & written procedures for routine and non-routine tasks.
- Support day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for any issues that arise with the infrastructure or security concerns.
- Analyze user interfaces, maintain software performance tuning, analyze workload and analyze proposed system upgrades and insertion of COTS products in the infrastructure.
- Analyze security impacts of proposed system upgrades or changes to the infrastructure including the implementation of COTS products.
- Understanding/familiarity with cloud security framework.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Cloud Certifications in one or more of the following: AWS, Azure
- Middleware Certifications: IBM WebSphere, IBM MQ, Tomcat, Apache web server.
- DevOps Tools Certifications: Jenkins, Chef Certification, Puppet.
- Five or more years in O&M with experience in WebSphere, Resin, or another Java application server platform(s), as well as MQ, DataPower (or other XML gateway)
- Experience using Chef to develop, code, test, and debug new Chef cookbooks and recipes or enhancements to existing software.
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data Applications and have working experience with 3 or more: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Cloudera, Ambari, HortonWorks, Hadoop HDFS, Accumulo, Spark, Streaming, Kafka, Cassandra, elastic Search.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)