Linux / Unix Administrator
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta is providing engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Perspecta performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
We are seeking aLinux / Unix Administrator.
Duties will include:
- Performing administration and maintenance activities on various UNIX and Linux servers.
- Building, configuring, monitoring and maintaining Unix based systems in a virtual environment
- Providing tier 2 and 3 supports for escalations from Help Desk
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting Linux and Unix based systems
- Backup and Recovery configuration and execution
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Must be able to support infrequent after hours and weekend escalations as needed (aside from on-call rotation)
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization as well as perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Define technical requirements & design to support defined business requirements, develop technical architecture components
- Review system performance and consumption issues, review test plans, and provide technical guidance.
- Working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performing all functional duties independently.
- Manage and monitor the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
- Utilize tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment.
- Provide support to resolve incident, problem, or service requests that require subject matter expertise and cannot be resolved by the EOC. Task personnel shall provide final problem resolution.
- Work with EOC to implement automated preventative measures, proactive monitoring and system self-healing capabilities to limit outages/performance issues which impact service levels.
- Contribute to the Root Cause Analysis efforts when applicable.
- Provide remote support for OS and standard software build installation activities as required to meet SLAs.
- Provide and maintain security hardened baseline configurations (software) and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases across the Database and supporting products infrastructure
- 0-3 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- 1+ years experience providing operations and maintenance to IT systems
- 1+ years experience configuring and executing backup & recovery for storage and servers
- 1+ years experience with compilation of records and reports concerning IT operations and maintenance.
- 1+ years experience with system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- 1+ years experience demonstrated professional expertise gained from experience with Redhat Linux operating systems
- Must be proficient the use of the Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- US Citizenship
- Full BI Required Prior to Start
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)