Mission Capabilities Solutions Engineer
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Mission Capabilities Solutions Engineer will engage in cloud-based solutions architecture, engineering and implementation of enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment. Activities supported will include full life cycle end-to-end solutions architecture, engineering, development, integration and deployment of cloud-based computing and information systems that meet specified mission needs. Produces large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms solution architectures, establishing the framework for cloud-based systems engineering, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment.
Considered a recognized authority within the company. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Plans, directs, coordinates information systems, systems analysis, system/software development and implementation. Supports Customer mission process design; performs impact and system analysis based on mission requirements; leads teams to design, develop, implement, test and validate mission solutions; develops collaborative working relationships with technical integration stakeholders, exchanging and transferring technical knowledge to develop and evolve architecture standards, guidelines, reference architecture, and the systems technology roadmap.
Supports continued enhancement of systems, software, and tools used in a hybrid lifecycle phase of DevSecOps. Coordinates with DIA users through appropriate governance forums to gather and prioritize needs.
Provide applied technology enhancements to baseline systems, software, and services including:
- Developing quick turnaround enhancements for new and improved user functionality.
- Performing analysis and recommending enhancements to extend the life or improve systems reliability.
- Developing capability enhancements in response to National Security events unplanned and unknown in advance, as well as rapid adjustments/enhancements to address the changing terrorism milieu.
- Identifying and implementing products and techniques to automate the process to: deliver capability to ops and effect feedback loops from mission ops; &, obtain timely feedback from mission ops during the development process.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 10-12 yrs experience, Master's w/ 8-10 yrs experience, Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Any Cloud-related Professional certification(s): e.g., i. Professional Cloud Solutions Architect (PCSA) ii. AWS Solutions Architect (Professional), iii. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, iv. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate), v. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional), vi. AWS Certified Big Data (Specialty)]
- Experience leading a distributed cross-functional information technology implementation team.
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- Hands-on experience in large-scale distributed solution architecture engineering, integration, applications, analysis (e.g., mission needs assessment, design, development, implementation, deployment, sustainment, enhancement).
- Experience/Proficiency rapidly translating mission needs into end-to-end capabilities and services solution design.
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Systems Architecture professional certification.
- Cloud-based solutions experience leveraging large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms architecting, engineering, developing and deploying systems and applications into a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of/demonstrated proficiency applying SE&I process to solutions engineering, producing SE artifacts, designing solutions, performing trades, mission utility and affordability analysis, requirements engineering, interface definition, detailed implementation planning, tech insertion, risk management, readiness, certification and transition.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)