MS SQL Server DBA
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Database Administrator (Senior-Level) Overall Assignment Description:
The Senior-level Database Administrator (DBA) works with software and determines ways to organize and store data. They are responsible for the creation, maintenance, backup, querying, tuning, user rights administration, and security of business and mission databases.
- Identifies user requirements for business and mission databases, sets-up, tests and coordinates necessary modifications to database systems.
- Understands the platform on which the database runs and ensures the performance of the database system.
- Plans and coordinates security measures -data integrity, backup systems, and database security.
- Provides technical expertise in the use of the Database Management System (DBMS).
- Defines file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications.
- Oversees the work of Mid-, and Junior-level contractor DBAs.
- Assists with managing database projects.
- Coordinates changes, tests, and provides implementation approaches for databases and database management systems.
- Plans, coordinates, and recommends security measures to safeguard databases.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Senior-level working experience in database administration.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator - DB2 10.1 for Linux, Unix and Windows
- IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 10.1 for Linux, Unix, and Windows]
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator Certified Professional
- MCSA SQL Server 2012
- MCSE Data Platform Solutions Desired:
- Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Previous working experience in government or industry, within Database Administration.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)