Principal Application Architect
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta has an immediate need for aPrincipal**Application Architect** in the Washington, DC Metro Area in our US Postal Service account.
Provides thought leadership, strategic direction, and technical guidance with regards to Application Modernization, Application Transformation, Application Deployment, Application Transformation to Cloud, DevOps/DevSecOps.
Performs as trusted advisor and develops relationships with clients (technical and non-technical) to drive applications business and technical capability.
Collaborates with senior applications consultants to drive technical architecture and innovation for Applications delivery within the account
Provides general advisory services to development teams (e.g. refining solutions, resolving problems, improving processes)
Contributes Applications-related collateral to the Perspecta knowledge base
Advises on modernization best practices, migration of workloads to new environments, governance, implementation of Agile methodology, and integration of DevOps concepts
Provides technical leadership to engagements and develops detailed technical solution content and estimates.
Education and Certification
- BS degree required (Computer Science, Information Systems majors preferred)
- MS degree a plus
- Relevant certifications a plus (AWS, Azure, SAFe, etc.)
- Hands-on leadership in architectural assessments and design with Enterprise Architecture teams in large enterprise setting
- 10+ years of progressive experience in senior applications advisory role
- 10+ years of application architecture experience
- 10+ years of application development experience
- Hands-on experience in leading customers through application modernization efforts to re-architect, re-factor, re-host, or replace
- Strong understanding of cloud capability (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS) and approaches for deploying applications to the cloud (GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps tools and frameworks through plan, define, build, test, release and deploy process
- Application lifecycle methodology experience specifically Agile/SCRUM
- Strong communication skills and technical writing
- Proven ability to architect applications and/or applications infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Advise clients in implementation of DevOps/DevSecOps and Agile strategies
- Complex application project solutions and estimating.
- Previous experience working with C-level customers
- Previous knowledge and experience with legacy languages (e.g. COBOL) and new technologies (Java, .NET)
- Application development experience in mainframe and midrange environment
- Proven ability to determine and decompose business requirements
- Hands-on experience and certification in GCP, Azure and/or AWS
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)