Project Engineer I (Tech)
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
A Project Integrator is responsible for working with multiple stakeholders in various groups to define, develop, and institutionalize new and improved data lifecycle management services and technical solutions. By taking a total system perspective, the project integrator will identify areas to improve work efficiencies, cost transparencies, and overall process improvements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translating strategic initiatives and business requirements into functional information technology requirements and corresponding capabilities
- Defining capability gaps by gathering, analyzing, and composing business and technical information
- Coordinating application development, integration, and system transition with partners
- Facilitating and monitoring the integration, interoperability, and synchronization of the enterprise-wide systems, solutions, and services
- Translating technical information into clear, readable documents and presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Assisting in the preparation of management plans, reports, and assessing, documenting, and tracking new business requirements
- Composing standard operating procedures and workflows that will be facilitate the transformation of new data lifecycle management strategies
- Coordinating project schedules, including participation in meetings; documentation and distribution of minutes and action items; and tracing action items for successful completion
- Facilitating meetings and information sessions
- Assist with development of a communication strategy and materials for organization
- Defines, generates, and reviews project requirements documentation.
- Performs technical studies to refine project requirements.
- Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
- Requires 0 to 2 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years no degree.
- Understanding of Agile/SAFe methodologies
- Experience with participating in program/project reviews, including the development of formal project documentation and artifacts
- Understanding of information management services
- Understanding of requirements definition and traceability
- Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and MS Project
- Excellent communication skill
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Understanding of the data management lifecycle
- Ability to translate business requirement into technical requirements
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, or coordination of people and resources.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)