Project Engineer Supply Chain Risk Management - Mission Assurance
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Project Engineer Supply Chain Risk Management
Perspecta is looking for a passionate, motivated, and detail oriented Mission Assurance Engineer to join a dynamic, innovative team that ensures risk management, quality, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements in accordance with contractual requirements. As part of the Mission Assurance team you will be responsible for supporting and advising on both space and ground systems throughout the contracts process through standards development, into design.
Responsibilities also include ensuring analysis and feedback of operational data is provided to programs through various working groups and targeted alerts, as needed. You will interface with senior members of program offices, directorate and offices, as well as operators at various ground stations as Mission Assurance responsibilities span the entire engineering lifecycle. Mission Assurance supports multiple Mission Threads and provides horizontal cross-mission capabilities and integration.
SCRM is a systematic process for managing supply chain risk by identifying susceptibilities, vulnerabilities and threats throughout the Department of Defenses supply chain and developing mitigation strategies to combat those threats whether presented by the supplier, the supplied product and its subcomponents, or the supply chain.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement a methodology to conduct Supply Chain Assessment.
- Develop and implement a methodology to execute Supply Chain Risk Management.
- Publish best practices to mitigate impacts to critical supplies and technologies.
- Organize and conduct periodic working groups and technical exchange meetings to promote best practices in supply chain assessments.
- Outline, propose, and track mitigation activities such as revisions to standards, or specialized technical studies.
- Ability to obtain an active TS//SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- Technical knowledge of Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) (spacecraft components, ground architecture hardware, and software).
- Technical and managerial report writing ability.
- Knowledge and experience with databases.
- Data Analytical ability.
- Communication and briefing expertise.
- Database and data analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior government customers and the ability to influence within multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to build a process that others can use to record data and ensure coordination across geographically dispersed sites.
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT, Ground, and/or COMM systems.
- Experience with core Systems Engineering Disciplines (Requirements, Schedule, Risk, Readiness, System Closure, VV&T, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical exchange forums.
- Technical and managerial report writing ability.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)