Project Manager (Tech)
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Responsible for the performance of relatively small technical projects or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Participates in driving initiatives for achieving established objectives. Develop and operate a variety of technical systems related to the specific job function. Specify systems requirements and insure that completed systems meet requirements. Prepares and approves Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols and other technical documentation.
- Assist management with establishing the strategic direction of the team
- Gather and vet requirements for software development, network engineering and/or system engineering efforts, ensuring the requirements are complete, unambiguous and concise
- Prepare project documentation and schedules for milestone briefings
- Facilitate internal and external communication with stakeholders
- Provide highlights and written documentation of team accomplishments and concerns
- Track project commitments and ensure timely preparation of responses
- Prepare briefings for appropriate stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work rapidly in a high tempo, high stress environment that often requires multitasking
- Ability to create, sustain, and enhance fostering of team dynamics and collaboration
- Strong customer service and teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional team
- Working knowledge in MS Office, MS Project, and SharePoint
- PMP certification
- Previous experience in Agile development environment
- Software development, network engineering, or system engineering experience or have worked in that type of organization
Requires BA/BS with 6 to 8 years of experience.
10 plus years experice in Lieu of education.
Clearance -TS/SCI W POLY
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)