SAP NetWeaver / Basis Administrator
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta is providing engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Vencore performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
We are seeking aSAP NetWeaver/Basis Administrator will administer SAP CRM, SAP ECC, SAP Portal and Solution manager systems in a large 24x7 AIX/DB2 environment. The role includes hand-on delivery of SAP Basis work and mentoring other teammates.
- Install, upgrade and manage DB2 and SAP systems in AIX environment
- Install and upgrade both ABAP and JAVA stack.
- Perform SAP installations, Profile parameter changes, portal config, system copies and configure WEB services.
- Must have strong Solution Manager experience and expertise in CharRM, Solution Monitoring and managing satellite systems.
- Ability to create Transport Domain controller and administer Transport Management system.
- Monitor ad Administer Batch jobs, System Performance and System Health.
- Support various SAP systems by collaborating with other IT reams in resolving any production issues and making the systems highly available. Provide support on outages, and help resolve the incidents and participate in root cause analysis.
- Provide On call support - 24x7 for PROD systems.
- Strong understanding of high availability concepts and practical experience and implementation of key components (DB, application server, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.). Participate in the design of Disaster Recovery, high availability (VCS, HADR, TSAMP) and systems management (latest on patches, DB / system backup, archiving) for all SAP landscapes. Provide guidance on SAP cloud migration and work with external vendors.
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions to automate and improve efficiency of overall SAP environment.
- 3 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- 4+ years of experience administering SAP CRM, SAP ECC, SAP Portal and Solution manager systems in a large 24x7 AIX/DB2 environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on UNIX
- Experience managing all aspects of the SAP landscape admin functions including upgrades, support pack stacks, installations, performance, security profiles, landscape maintenance etc.
- Requires US Citizenship and eligibility for DHS Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Current CPB-issued Background Investigation (BI) is preferred.
- Experience deploying SAP applications on Cloud
- SAP HANA experience
- SAP archiving experience
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)