Cumberland County, PA
Business Group Highlights
The Health group provides solutions to help government healthcare agencies lower administrative costs, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the quality of services for individuals. We also provide analytics that combine clinical knowledge with big data technology and techniques to transform petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our customers.
Responsible for technical/operational leadership of a project/mission or group of projects/missions within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer. Defines, generates, and reviews project requirements documentation. Performs technical studies to refine project requirements. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received. May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
Perspecta has an immediate need in our Health Payer Segment for a Scrum Master to support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Integrated Data Repository (IDR) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Contract. The position location is Herndon, VA., Camp Hill, PA or Baltimore, MD. Public Trust Clearance is required. Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has worked in the US three out of the past five years.
The Integrated Data Repository (IDR) is the centerpiece of CMS Enterprise Data Warehouse Strategy. The IDR responds to the Agencys critical need to have an integrated data environment that contains Medicare and Medicaid data (e.g. claims, beneficiary, provider, and plan data). The underlying technology of the IDR is an integrated Hadoop and Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse. It supports the massive volumes of data associated with CMS program benefits. This Scrum Master position will be supporting a transition from an on-prem data warehouse to a cloud based AWS solution.
The Scrum Master is a team-based servant leader who supports and empowers Developers, Business Analysts and Product Owners, to deliver CMS initiatives using Lean-Agile leadership/principles. The key to success with this position is the ability to partner with the Product Owners.
This Scrum Master position will plan and execute Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective and Daily Stand-up, etc. to support the successful delivery of work items including those in product backlog. In addition to owning the Scrum Master duties for Agile team(s), this position is instrumental in driving cohesive agile practices across the organization and development of other Scrum Masters. Coaching the team to ensure functionality through ongoing understanding of agile practices is also expected.
- Drive Scrum Ceremonies and Methodologies.
- Perform continuous and active backlog grooming.
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity.
- Help Product Owner with prioritization, risk management, and scope.
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners.
- Oversee and manage implementation of various agile techniques such as Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps.
- Manages Agile teams to ensure that delivery is on time and meets the specifications and requirements in user stories.
- Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the product owner, scrum team and other stake holders.
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward core SAFe principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility Skills & Requirements
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- US Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience playing the Product Manager/Scrum Master role for at least two (2) years for a software development team.
- Experience running remote agile teams
- Technical experience in systems development and managing modern software development in cloud environments such as AWS
- Knowledgeable of CMMI practices in an IT organization
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis capability
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills (MS Word), presentation and delivery skills (MS PowerPoint), and experience with MS Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who is flexible, delivery-oriented with abilities to empower the development team
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of modern software development and Dev/Ops tools, including GitHub.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge is desirable
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Desire to learn and be able to adapt to new delivery solutions and tools
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with the business delivery teams, leadership, senior management and internal/external stakeholders
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc).
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Understanding of software development best practices and product lifecycles
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)