Security Control Assessor II
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
- Perform manual testing, vulnerability scans, and penetration testing
- Perform analysis, web assessment software, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing, and develop/deploy custom scripts
- Apply knowledge of client/servers, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, Local Area Network (LAN), switches, and routers; Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X administration; VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms.
- Evaluate information system security readiness and supports cybersecurity functions
- Perform onsite and remote testing of FISMA requirements
- Perform annual assessments that support the continuous monitoring strategy for all systems with ATO
- Provide assessment support and site visits for information systems
- Employ test plans and procedures tailored to the security controls of the system under test
- Develop Body Of Evidence Guidance, Rules Of Engagement , Security Assessment Plan, and Assessment/Deliverable Schedules
- Bachelors degree required and 5 years of experience conducting manual testing, vulnerability scans, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments
- US Citizenship
- Certifications such as Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE), Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN), Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT), CEPT, CEH
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools
- Demonstrated experience in a simulated environment
- Ability to use MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- US Citizenship
- A U.S. Government TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Mathematics, or Engineering is highly desirable.
- DHS Suitability and experience
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)