Senior Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer (Senior-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
The Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work across Cloud Ops, Security, Development, Auditing teams at NGA to design resilient, flexible, and scalable cloud solutions to support GEOINT Enterprise operations.
Duties may include:
- Formulate, document, and communicate methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
- Provide assistance in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g. Site Reliability Engineering).
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud native applications and workflows.
- Crafting excellent documentation for respective projects and carrying ownership for the code and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud-based services or technologies.
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Understanding of industry standards for designing and implementing IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems, such as: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Two or more years of demonstrated experience in Site Reliability Engineering functions.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating in a DevSecOps.
- Experience using APIs and RESTful services.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric.
- Experience with security in the cloud, such as: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus.
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem capabilities, such as: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)