Senior Cyber Research Scientist
Prince George's County, MD
Business Group Highlights
Perspecta Labs generates transformative applied research to fuel solutions for our customers unique challenges. We are a self-sustaining research center within Perspecta that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, analytics and cyber security.
Perspecta Labs delivers world class cyber research and engineering to government agencies, telecom carriers, utilities, and commercial enterprises. Drawing on its Bell Labs heritage, Perspecta Labs excels at creating innovative technologies and services to solve the most difficult and complex problems, shaping the state of the art in government and commercial cyber security. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in software development and networking for Full-Time positions in our Cyber Security research group. Candidates will work with teams to research, conceive, and develop prototypes, and should be adept at identifying successful approaches to complex problems. Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Full-spectrum cyber operations, including CND, CNE, CNA, and CNO.
- Program analysis, including understanding, vulnerability identification, and remediation
- Malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Software-defined networking for cyber defense and deception
- Cryptographic techniques for assured computation
- Symbolic logic and theorem proving for automating network configuration
- Application of formal methods for secure and resilient systems
- Wired and wireless systems architectures and protocols
(autonomous control, adaptive networking, cognitive radios, mobile applications)
- Application of mathematic, statistics, and linguistics to large data sets to uncover patterns, extract information and gain understanding
- Artificial intelligence (reasoning, probabilistic inference, machine learning)
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 5+ years relevant experience OR Masters degree with 7+ years relevant experience OR BS/BA with 10+ years relevant experience
- Past experience as a technical/integration lead on at least one major effort
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to support customer facing roles.
- Ability and desire to quickly acquire knowledge of new subject matter areas
- U.S. Citizens strongly preferred - permanent residents may be considered if highly qualified
- Past experience as a Principal Investigator (PI) on at least one major effort.
- Past experience in business development including idea generation, whitepapers, and proposals
- Strong record of patents and/or publications in peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Active security clearance
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)