Senior Data Architect
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Data Architect (Expert-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Expert-level Data Architects serve as a technical resource for strategic oversight and planning of database structural design and development. They provide technical, strategic guidance to senior- level database administrators and application developers in the creation of new databases, as well as the maintenance of major existing databases supporting evolving applications. Data architect positions provide strategic guidance to data stewards on the development and implementation approaches for data models to support organizational business and mission systems and processes.
Duties may include:
- Consults to all levels of the organization on the design, development and implementation approaches for logical database structures and classification schemas.
- Develops policies and procedures to build, maintain and leverage the data model.
- Provides technical, strategic guidance on the development of metadata tags, Document Type Definitions (DTD), and schemas using appropriate technologies for representation of data and data relationships.
- Ensures that metadata and data standards and definitions will support both business and mission processes and system implementation approaches, and NSG/ASG requirements for sharing data.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- 18+ years experience working in government or industry in relevant work areas including: Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), or Intelligence Communitys (IC) Program Architecture Guidance (PAG).
- Previous working experience in government or industry in data strategy, models, flow models and standards.
- Previous working experience in government or industry in Data Management services (compliance, cataloging, provenance, identifier, registry, metrics, recall & revision)
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Previous working experience in government or industry with Data access services, APIs, Linked Data (REST, SOAP, OGC, etc.).
- Previous working experience in government or industry in Data Queuing, Messaging, Orchestration, Choreography services.
- Previous working experience in government or industry with Data Security Services (IAA, DPM, DRM, PDP, PEP, PAP, etc.).
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work experience
- Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)