Senior JAVA Software Developer
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta is providing engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Perspecta performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
We are seeking a Senior JAVA Software Engineer to develop and maintain a custom Web application written in JAVA. The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented JAVA based enterprise solutions.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Requirements Analysis
- Work independently with customers to obtain and formalize new and changing requirements
- Architect new solutions without (or with a minimal amount) of direction
- Incorporate third party open source tools where appropriate
- Utilize design patterns as often as possible
- Always use object oriented techniques
- Complete coding tasks with minimum assistance and at a professional level
- Write/maintain multi-threaded code and package the code for release
- Code review other team members code and identify areas that require refactoring
- Ensure code is Section 508 compliant
- Coordinate release paperwork to include change requests
- Write both technical and non-technical documentation
- Team Dynamics
- Thrive in an Agile environment
- Eager to train other developers on the team
- Work independently
- BS and MS degree and 10+ years of experience; BS can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a MS can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
- US Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a DHS Public Trust Security Clearance
- The software engineer must have good communication skills and excellent critical thinking skills, as it is expected that, in addition to general O&M of the application, new features will be requested and developed.
- Minimum of 10 years coding in JAVA exclusively for Web applications
- Minimum of 4 years working with the Java Server Faces (JSF) Framework
- Minimum of 2 years working with the Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Comfortable writing SQL at an intermediate or better level, including constructing new Views
- Solid understanding of the HTTP
- Solid understanding of SSL
- Current DHS EOD clearance
- Previous experience supporting DHS programs
- Java 1.8+ Certified Programmer (1Z0-809)
Experience working with the following:
- Spring Framework, especially Spring Data
- RESTful Web services
- Atlassian Stack
- Weblogic Server 12.x
- Oracle DB 11.2.x
- Full BI Required Prior to Start
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)