Senior Linux Administrator
Richmond County, GA
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Be responsible for:
GNU/Linux installation, management, and troubleshooting
Track and analyze performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, recommend changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.
Support student computers in the Linux environment within the CCoE, to include installing and maintaining user workstations running a GNU/Linux distribution (Debian Family, Fedora Family, etc.),
Perform daily operational duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting.
Linux Operating Systems and must be able to perform the following in a Linux environment:
- Successfully execute essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation o Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Demonstrate experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Demonstrate familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Demonstrate experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Demonstrate a strong grasp on configuration management tools o Demonstrate familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc.
- Be proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Demonstrate experience with virtualization technologies, such as Xen o Possess the ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Demonstrate knowledge of servers and switches
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
Linux administration for the training environment with ability to manage openstack and use open source technology. Have at least four (4) years of experience with GNU/Linux installation, management, and troubleshooting
Have at least two (2) years of experience with basic switching concepts and managed switch configuration.
Possess at least five (5) years of experience in IT desktop support, IT Service Desk support
Be familiar with DevOps business practices
Possess the ability to install, operate, and maintain configuration management software and remote execution engine Be familiar with the git version control protocol
Be familiar with completely automating PXE boot processes using UEFI firmware in a GNU/Linux environment (to include secureboot, etc.)
Have experience supporting environments (test, regression, production) and software deployments
Have experience with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Have experience with Apache web server
Have experience with application integration
Have general understanding of ports and protocols
Revising technical operational documentation
Have active directory Management experience
Have experience with Weblogic web server
Have oracle database familiarity
Have expertise in scripting languages, i.e. Python
Have experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI and Public Key Enabling (PKE)
Have experience with Redhat Linux 5/6 OS Management and Administration
Have experience with Gitlab administration
Have experience with of Web APIs
Have knowledge of cloud and virtualization
IAT LVL II Baseline Certification - CompTIA Security+ or higher
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)