Senior Project Manager (Tech)
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce, 14,000 strong, stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together!
Perspecta has an opening for a Project Manager in Washington, D.C.
The NGDC Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for providing Project Management expertise to the Customer for various sized requests from simple infrastructure changes to large infrastructure refresh efforts.
Project Manager, under general supervision, supports the PMO Manager and other account PMO team personnel in Project Management activities for the client. Leverage Project Management Best Practices to support the client's project management needs. Develop a strong client working relationship. Work with the PMO team to refine current processes and procedures, and suggest and implement any new processes that will assist with fulfilling the mission of the current client contract. Lead the account technical teams and client to successfully fulfil project requirements and meet client expectations.
- Plan project activities
- Host and Facilitate project or request intake meetings
- Capture and distribute meeting agenda/minutes
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Provide project status reports, both internal and client facing
- Identify and manage project risks
- Perform change management
- Assist with developing proposals for Data Center Infrastructure Requests
- Coordinate and guide operation teams to complete project tasks
- Enter, modify, and close Remedy tickets associated with project tasks, as necessary
- Represent PMO in client facing status meetings
- Perform other Project Management duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
- 5 years of prior Client Facing Project /Program Management experience
- Ability to work under minimum supervision given a Client request
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude
- Ability to lead teams to deliver high quality solutions that fulfill Client requirements
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy, and to interact with clients professionally and articulately.
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Candidate must hold or be able to obtain a 6C Clearance
- Candidate must be a Citizen of the USA
- Active 6C Clearance
- Project management certification from a recognized provider.
- Prior experience with Cloud migration
- Prior Transformation experieince
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)