Senior SAR Imagery Scientist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
SAR Imagery Scientist (Expert-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Imagery Scientist (IS) has a detailed understanding of radar phenomenology from the signal processing phase and the resulting information delivered in the complex phase history data for intelligence exploitation across the enterprise. They understand the application of non-literal imagery and how to apply complex mathematical algorithms to extract relevant intelligence information. They have developed numerous testing plans to evaluate the performance of a variety of types of algorithms when applied to radar data in order to support Order of Battle. The IS possess the knowledge of how to design performance testing to verify and validate a broad range of radar based algorithms. The results of this developed process shall be incorporated into all future radar based algorithms development for application to NSG radar data.
The IS will work as a team member of the NSG Radar Ground program using best practices from other NGA programs and organizations working on algorithm verification and validation.
Providing matrixed support to the ATT Sensor Engagement Lead for Radar, the IS serves as a key member of the customers technical team and a focal point for mission engineering, mission integration, and development oversight.
Duties may include:
- Engage with customers and users to define future enterprise-level capabilities
- Lead or participate in customer and program strategic and tactical planning activities relevant to Radar
- Lead or participate in the development of radar process that will be included in the overall enterprise system architectures to test, verify and validate Radar algorithms
- Assess new technologies and their overall performance
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) and provide data-driven recommendations
- Leverage SAR experiences to provide insight on the development of key technical products, such as capability roadmaps, CONOPS documents, and white papers
- Leverage SAR experiences to provide insight on the identification, tracking, mitigation, and resolution technical risks and issues to ensure the timely, functionally efficient, and cost effective stand-up of new capabilities
- Identify project key decision points and provide Go/No-Go recommendations
- Conduct user outreach to communicate enterprise-level architecture changes, operational concepts, and project status, and accept user inputs for optimization of delivery plans
- Produce weekly activity reports for use by government customers and the program
- Ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management and to technical/non-technical audiences; must possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences; and conduct issue coordination within and across agencies
- Ability to work with customers to resolve technical and programmatic issues
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Imagery Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- 18+ years of experience working in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or systems engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture environments residing in cloud, on premise, or hybrid infrastructures.
- 10+ years of SAR imagery science with a minimum of 6 years of recent agency-specific experience.
- 5+ years of related experience with systems engineering, systems integration, or systems development.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Imagery Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related STEM degree program.
- 5+ years of experience in the SAR discipline of GEOINT analytic tradecraft designing and testing algorithm performance.
- 3+ years of experience in the use or engineering of GIS applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ODNI Analytic Modernization effort and its supporting elements, including ABI and SOM.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)