Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Seeking a motivated SENIOR STATISTICIAN to support System and Product Quality imagery data analysis and algorithm assessments.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record successfully working as the primary statistical expert as part of a collaborative team in a dynamic environment providing statistical analysis and methodology support for Government-originated data analysis studies.
- The Senior Statistician will demonstrate ability to develop tactical study plans to answer business questions, perform quantitative research, and provide written summaries of study results.
- An expert-level ability to select and implement statistical analysis appropriate to the problems presented, and conduct statistical analyses to derive conclusions will be key.
- The Senior Statistician will demonstrate a strong background engaging customers and team members on design and methodological issues, evaluating relative advantage of collecting new data versus using extant data, and defining statistical design and methodology to meet study needs.
- Candidate will conduct technical statistical research and analysis of data collected in image quality studies.
- She or he will compile and interpret statistical results and contribute to the reports delivered to the customer. Study results should be documented so that the conclusions are clear to non-technical customers and are supported by data, graphs, and logical conclusions.
- Position is accountable for the adequacy of the statistical methods selected and the accuracy of the results obtained.
- She or he will be part of a team of image scientists, image analysts, system engineers, and customers. The ability to communicate well to a diverse team and integrate inputs is essential to develop a complete and accepted statistical product.
- In addition to a working knowledge of statistical principles, methods, and techniques, the position requires the ability to apply statistical, Senior Principals in a test environment.
- The candidate will determine which methods of statistical analysis to apply and the statistical techniques to determine measures of central tendency, correlation, sample size, significance of differences, etc.
- The candidate will perform specialized statistical analysis involving correlation and regression equations.
- She or he will compile and analyze data; interpreting trends, fluctuations, and other changes.
- The candidate will prepare reports, graphs, and charts and will provide oral presentations of the results of statistical studies.
- The candidate will research pertinent literature in a designed project area and analyze applicability of concepts.
- She or he may consult with program and administrative staff in the development and completion of projects.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 6 to 8 years with PhD. Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science or in a related Engineering or Mathematics with strong concentration in programming
- Demonstrated experience and success interpreting research requests, developing analysis plans, performing high-level statistical analysis, statistical sampling, and computing required samples sizes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Sample Size Determination
- Linear and Logistic Regression
- Response Modeling
- Probability Calculations
- Experimental Design
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Statistical Process Control and Process Certification
Multivariate Data Analysis
Experience working on projects of complex scope where independent judgment is used within a broad range of defined procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated success effectively communicating in written documents and oral briefings the reason studies were initiated, justification of methods selected, results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Experience developing new applications and methodologies for existing or newly acquired data, and leading design efforts in selecting statistical methodology.
- Advanced proficiency in statistical programming software, (e.g. SAS, R, Matlab, Python, etc.)
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)