Senior Tax Accountant - Provision & Compliance
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Finance team is responsible for all aspects of the corporate finance organization, including strategy, implementation, enterprise risk management and internal audit, treasury, tax, procurement and investor relations. These functional areas enable corporate profitability and success by ensuring cost savings and efficiencies, sound reporting of results and accurate forecasts.
Perspecta is hiring for an exciting Senior Tax Accountant position to join our tax accounting team in Chantilly, VA. This is a new staff position to support US federal and state income tax provision and compliance. The Senior Tax Accountant will work with transaction accounting teams and service providers to prepare tax filings and perform account reconciliations. The Senior Tax Accountant will be a key driver of tax process automation and efficiency projects and will act as key interface with Controllership / accounting and account finance teams.
Core job responsibilities:
- Prep of US federal and state income tax provision work papers
- Prep of account reconciliations and tax payments
- Support outsourced income tax compliance, prepare data requests and other work papers
- Support Financial Statement & SOX audits
- Coordinate tax audit data requests
- Assist with automation projects working with Finance / Controllership / IT and operations
- User of Hyperion FCCS, Costpoint/Cognos and various tax software SaaS packages
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting,or Finance plus 5-7 years of related experience or a Master's degree plus 3-5 years of experience is required
- Additional certifications: CPA preferred, MST a plus
- At least 3 years in Public Accounting supporting Corporate Tax clients
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Tax Accounting
- Experience with US and State income tax compliance
- Prior experience with ERP and finance systems; prefer Costpoint, SAP, OneSource, and Excel
- Delivering results and meeting stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work in dynamic environment
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)