Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
- Provide identification/fixing for SharePoint problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Provide all aspects of support in the ICE Collaboration Tool (ICECT).
- Provide Tier 3 level support in resolution of SharePoint problems, from Development and Test environments through Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Contribute to the development of a standard configuration for SharePoint for development, testing, and training environment.
- Collaborates with customers on unique SharePoint solutions for their individual missions.
- Work as a team leader within a process/project-oriented organization; define requirements for improving or replacing systems including Business Process Automation and Custom Applications; and socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Provides training where required.
- Develops a strategy for roles, groups, and permissions of the users and communities of practice.
- Develop a modern web information portal to identify, aggregate, analyze and report on information resources using SharePoint and SQL Reporting Service (SSRS)
- Provide support for day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for any issues that arise with administered systems.
- Follow department processes, procedures and client requirements; may make recommendations and/or implement improvements/solutions
- Track project information, schedules/deadlines, document issues, resolve routine issues, and report status to management
- Provide expertise with rapid development of proofofconcepts to validate potential code solutions while mitigating development risks early in the development process.
- Proactively recommend enhanced SharePoint Capabilities and Functions to include visualization, report, and new display capabilities.
- Identification of business problems, possible causes, and the design of effective solutions
- Acts as liaison to maintain federal business operations workflow and ensure the design is compliant with federal IT standards.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Advise client on alternate methods of meeting their needs or recommend specific solutions.
- Ensures proper documentation of solutions, system architectures and topology. Create best practices documentation and usability plans.
- Provide support for SQL 2016 including always on availability, maintenance jobs, and disaster recovery
- Present findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal written reports and oral presentations.
- Reports usage statistics and other metrics to OCIO leadership.
- Knowledge of Storage systems and VMware
- Provide expertise in patching which includes OS patching, SharePoint cumulative updates, and Office Online server patching
- Knowledge of Windows 2012R2 OS
- Strong Knowledge of Data Integrity and Migration, Backup and restore in SharePoint and IIS
- Experience engineering, integration, testing and configuration of SharePoint 2016 in Office 365 Cloud Environment; migrations including the development of apps working with SharePoint 2013-2016 and SharePoint Online
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Windows AD, Exchange, Load balancers, DNS & Microsoft clusters and some Windows Server administration
- Strong knowledge on SharePoint Capacity planning, Sizing, Installations, Configurations and Integrations, and identifying, diagnosing and tuning performance related issues
- Experience setting up a SharePoint environment from the bottom up
- Education: Master Degree (Arts or Science) or 15 years of related experience
15 + years experience in IT infrastructure
Working with Microsoft SharePoint including architecting and implementing complex designs (cross-platform integration, HA configurations, platform/DB migration, Content re-design, IIS, SQL Server DB connections).
Strong interpersonal skills required in order to interact effectively with staff and all levels of management in identifying and resolving issues and dealing with sensitive problems and situations.
- Works under minimal supervision
- Work from Washington, DC office
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Experience working with RDBMS and SQL (Sybase, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.) Farm Design, Configuration, Deployments, Migrations, and Upgrades
- Experience with the plan, design, and implementation of custom solutions using Microsoft SharePoint 2016, InfoPath/Nintex Forms/Workflows, CorasWorks, Custom web parts, and SSRS.
- Ability to utilize UX disciplines: visual design, interaction design, content strategy, usability, and user accessibility with 508 compliance standards.
- Ability to perform the customization of SharePoint web parts using MS Visual Studio and other modern techniques
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)