SharePoint Senior Technical and Task Team Lead
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
We at Perspecta are currently seeking a SharePoint Senior Technical and Task Team Lead in Washington DC to support our government customer - Public Trust
The SharePoint Senior Technical and Task Team Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Utilizes industry best practices for all aspects of managing and maintaining the SharePoint environment and be proficient with SharePoint and OneDrive Technologies.
- Develops solutions to customer requests to improve customer efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures the teams follows all DOJ processes and complete deliverables in timely manner.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with ISO 2000
- Provides support for requirements, design, planning, and integration type activities within scope of the task order but with special skills for SharePoint Technologies and development that DOJ is planning to implement.
- Monitors all stages of projects to ensure they are timely delivery of high quality solutions to the customer.
- Facilitates and coordinates responses to data calls and supports briefings to senior leadership.
The SharePoint Senior Technical and Task Team Lead will lead and support the following functions:
- Manage and maintain the Enterprise SharePoint services and environment.
- Troubleshoots issues, addresses site permissions concerns, creates and configure sites, and assists in the definition of site resources.
- Utilizes industry best practices for all aspects of managing and maintaining the environment and SP and Project Server architecture and be proficient with all of the features of current and future versions of SP and Project Server.
- Develops solutions to customer requests to improve customer efficiency and effectiveness. The use of content management/records management and tools may be required.
- Ensures the application will accommodate content that meets or exceeds the accessibility standards for electronic and information technology as defined by the Access Board under Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Test and evaluate all content to ensure it meets Section 508 guidelines for accessibility before publication to production systems.
- Works with the SDS tier 2 and tier 3 help desks to refer non-SharePoint issues to the appropriate work group for resolution of outages that affect the SharePoint farm.
- Evaluates all system upgrades and test the in the UAT environment and follow the Change Management ISO 20000 process for implementation. Deployment of the approved upgrade will occur during the defined SDS maintenance widows.
- Provide site administration and support to the underlying SharePoint farm including recommendations, scheduling, testing and deployment of patches to SharePoint, Database system, and third party SharePoint software and support the environment by participating in appropriate change control and configuration management activities, supporting accreditation activities such as maintaining support design, management documentation and review of processes in support of annual security reviews and other C&A activities.
- Suggests and provides development and implementation expertise in all aspects of the current SP platform and the associated Microsoft SQL database server. The Contractor shall provide input, guidance and best practices on the proper implementation and usage of SharePoint for customer requests. The Contractor shall maintain a log of customer requests using Remedy and track development and implementation of customer sites.
- Leads outreach effort and work with the SP Community of Practice members and Components with their own SP farms to ensure DOJ is maximizing opportunities and efficiencies with SP and Project Server and meet with current and potential customers to understand how end users are doing their work now and find solutions how SP and/or Project Server could automate where possible.
- Ensures government processes and all other government initiatives are correctly used. Conduct monthly ticket reporting and metrics and disseminate results. Identify areas of improvement and bring to the attention of the Government lead for review.
- Plans and supports migration to Microsoft O365 SharePoint Online and adjust service delivery practices to support a mixed on premise SP and SP Online service, or existing on premise solution, or SP online service.
- Support implementation and adherence to ISO 20000 and ITIL processes.
- Support transition of the SharePoint Environment to any other SharePoint implementation (SP Online, SP 2016 etc.) support the planning, transition, testing and maintenance of any SharePoint environment the DOJ has determined to leverage.
- Management of security, ATOs and cloud hosting services for the Enterprise SharePoint Services.
- Understand and facilities network requirements and any other infrastructure requirements for the Enterprise SharePoint Services.
- Support planning and oversee implementation of any projects the Enterprise SharePoint Services team is engaged in.
- Support data calls relevant to Enterprise SharePoint Services team.
- Conduct and/or support user group meetings per government determined frequency.
- Support preparing briefing materials relevant to SharePoint and OneDrive services activities for leadership.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)