Software Development Lead
Madison County, AL
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Are you software developer/engineer with aviation, simulation, and windows programming experience looking for the next level of challenge?
Do you relish the opportunity to be the head honcho developing a group of COTS products for the next generation of users?
Can you work on your own and communicate (verbal and written) what you are doing to users, peers, and management on a regular basis?
Do you sit at your current job and think I wish I could do this differently.
If the answer to these questions is yes and you want to move on then WE NEED YOU!
This opportunity is a senior level position. If you possess the necessary skills and you are currently working in an intermediate level position, and are looking for advancement then this is the job for you.
Our group has 3 main COTS software products which we update and release on a regular basis. We are also in the process of developing new and exciting products for the next generation of users which are in need of better/exciting/easier to use interfaces related to maintenance, management, and skill tracking. Our products are written to work as GUIs in the Microsoft Windows Operating System using the C++ and C# programming languages so extensive knowledge of all of these are required.
We work in an AGILE software development environment using several JIRA product tools for bug, schedule, requirements, and release tracking.
Travel for this position is minimal and estimated at 10%.
An active Secret Clearance is desired but not required to start work immediately. You will be required to apply for and obtain a Secret Level Clearance through Perspecta.
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience with a BS Degree from an accredited University in Software Programming or an Engineering field with a strong Programming background.
- Aviation knowledge of aircraft functionality and systems is A MUST.
- Commercial or military simulation software development experience with proficiency in C, C++ and C# in a Microsoft Windows Environment.
- Experience in multithreaded, network enabled applications/systems
- Graphics programming knowledge
- Strong database skills (T-SQL, ANSI SQL, NoSQL, or big-data queries technologies)
- Experience with a Virtualization Technology (VMWare or Hyper-V)
- Ability to work with limited daily supervision.
- Ability to self-test changes to software and catch and correct bugs before building release loads for QC testing.
- Ability to provide updates in an AGILE environment using JIRA and revision control software tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate software updates verbally to users and fellow employees in meetings and in writing via updates to JIRA tickets COTS product documentation, presentations, etc. as required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and prioritize work to meet schedules.
- Secret Clearance Not immediately required but must have the ability to obtain one.
- Proficiency in web-application development and cloud technologies
- Graphics programming experience (OpenSceneGraph, osgEarth, OpenGL)
- Modern web-based programming techniques/methodologies (Promises, Lambda Expressions, REST services/architecture)
- Node Package Manager (NPM) / NodeJS experience
- Java development experience and/or Java Build Tools like Maven
- Python language programming knowledge and experience.
- GIT - Source Code Management
- Sencha ExtJS development experience
- AWS or MS Azure application deployment/management
- Docker containerization experience
- CSS/SASS-based UI/UX experience
- GIS applications experience
- Military (Army) Aviation/Ground maintenance domain knowledge
- Experience with mobile platform development a plus (Android, iOS)
- Experience with onsite product integration and technical support
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)