Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Systems Architect will engage in cloud-based systems architect engineering and implementation of enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment. Activities supported will include full life cycle end-to-end architecture, engineering, development, integration and deployment of cloud-based computing and information systems that meet specified mission needs. Produces large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms solution architects, establishing the framework for
cloud-based systems engineering, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment.
Considered a recognized authority within the company. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Applies technical knowledge to assist clients in the design and development of architecture solutions to complex technical engineering and applications problems, network challenges, or system issues. Establishes basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework. Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the customer's infrastructure related to its business processes of information collection, tasking, production, exploitation and analysis, and dissemination. Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components. Applies knowledge of enterprise IT or engineering needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture. Performs systems management and integration functions.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's with 10-12 yrs of experience or a Master's with 8-10 yrs of experience; Or related equivalent experience without a degree.
- Systems Architect professional certification.
- Any Cloud-related Professional certification(s): e.g., i. Professional Cloud Solutions Architect (PCSA) ii. AWS Solutions Architect (Professional), iii. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, iv. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate), v. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional), vi. AWS Certified Big Data (Specialty)]
- Experience leading a distributed cross-functional information technology implementation team.
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- Hands-on experience in large-scale distributed systems architecture, engineering, integration, applications, analysis (e.g., design, development, implementation, verification, deployment and sustainment).
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms experience (e.g., AWS or Elastic MapReduce).
- Cloud-based systems architecture, engineering, and development and deployment of systems and applications into a cloud environment experience.
- Programming language experience (e.g., Java, C++, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Pig/Hive, Elixir).
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)