Systems Architect Senior Technical Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Applies technical knowledge to assist clients in the design and development of solutions to complex technical engineering and applications problems, network challenges, or system administration issues. Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework. Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the customer's infrastructure related to its business processes of collection, analysis, production, and dissemination. Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components. Applies knowledge of enterprise IT or engineering needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture.
The successful candidate will assist the customer in defining systems architecture strategy, provide leadership, oversight and technical guidance to the systems integration program, and perform cross-discipline activities required to support enterprise architecture decision-making and assessment of alternatives in relation to the customers enterprise alignment initiatives. The candidate will:
- Lead or participate in the development of system architectures to evolve mission services
- Identify, document and recommend potential architectural and portfolio options through Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
- As part of the AoA process, be prepared to provide risk analysis, cost analysis, capability and technology gap assessments, and vendor assessments
- Assess new technologies for fit-for-use by missions services
- Translate customer needs into program requirements
- Build strategies and roadmaps in coordination with customer leadership
- Proactively engage customer leadership to provide value-added influence to innovative ways to address new initiatives and hard problems
- Capture and maintain architecture configurations for strategic initiatives via standard tools and product types as defined by stakeholders
- Develop and present plans and status to customer and community stakeholders
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues and risk management efforts, providing a sound systems engineering approach and an enterprise perspective
- Actively participate in readiness events to protect the system integrity of mission initiatives
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related technical field
- Experience in IC mission system architectures or communications systems design and development
- Ability to excel as a member of a collaborative team through open communication, transparency, and flexibility
- Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Customer domain experience
- Experience consulting and developing use cases for customers use in determining way forward in addressing capability planning and investment
- Certifications related to functional responsibilities such as but not limited to Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)