Arapahoe County, CO
This Systems Engineer position is to perform operationally-unique trades and analyses of current and future mission systems, delivering a wide variety of specialty engineering and analysis in support of operational timelines. This position requires experience and understanding of operational systems and environments. The candidate is required to have a strong technical background with a focus on core systems engineering skills and significant domain knowledge of mission capabilities and performance.
The successful applicant for this position will provide enterprise-level systems engineering and analytical support to the government. They will evaluate and propose modifications to complex, end-to-end, intelligence systems and systems-oriented products, during their operational life cycle. Through formal measurement and verification, they will help ensure that operational systems continue to comply with written requirements and government standards. They will translate high-level operational needs into systems requirement specifications and work with other engineering disciplines to ensure the correct flow of those requirements into lower-level requirements. They will serve as a customer liaison and will support systems engineering activities and will understand and shape requirements for enhancements and future systems. They will establish and coordinate the development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the use of complex systems.
The successful applicant will generate and execute testing procedures to verify the operational performance of end-to-end systems. They will also review test plans/procedures and ensure they meet operational objectives and will participate in and/or lead the testing process to validate the satisfaction of operational and mission requirements. They will collect and analyze data, produce metrics and trending information, and engage in end-to-end monitoring of complex intelligence systems. They will plan, coordinate, monitor, and report on the results of real-time engineering tests to provide daily checks on the performance of such systems. The successful applicant will be involved in special engineering studies that will require a longer term, more detailed analytical effort. They will also work to update and improve CONOPS for conducting engineering testing in this setting.
- Support monitoring of enterprise data processing, and the associated infrastructure, to provide timely detection of potential errors and system issues
- Conduct first-level analysis of testing results, coordinate and/or perform detailed in-depth analysis of the results
- Identify any degradations is system performance. Support notifications to the government and associated personnel. Perform and/or support root cause analysis of observed issues
- Create and manage discrepancy reports, trouble tickets, or other forms of notification; Track through to resolution; Verify fixes are satisfactory
- Support routine and ad-hoc scheduling of enterprise engineering tests
- Update enterprise system performance information for customer use in accordance with government direction via web updates, word documents, discrepancy reports, emails, etc.
- Monitor planned outages and other activities which may impact system performance and data accuracy and report findings or issues to the government
- Plan, coordinate, and execute engineering tests following outages and events that may have impacted system performance or data accuracy
- Identify and develop reference information and establish and monitor the accuracy of the information
- Author Engineering Test Support Requests (ETSR) and design, plan, and conduct engineering evaluation test in support of enterprise operation and system deliveries
- Prepare engineering test reports and findings
- Ensure methodologies and approaches to analysis are based on accepted scientific and mathematical practice
- Provide engineering evaluation support to laboratory personnel, as required
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
- Strong analytical skills, intelligence community domain knowledge, and demonstrated understanding of user needs and operational environments
- Demonstrated success in team environments; good presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in the National Intelligence Community
- Preference for degrees in a technical field (e.g. physics, electrical/systems engineering, math)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)