Systems Engineer III
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The contractor shall provide business process engineering; backlog management; assist with innovation prioritization; editorial support to the Office of Venture Innovation (OVI); and guidance on innovation strategic alignment across NGA. The contractor shall identify and assist NGA Pilots & Prototype customers in providing expertise to navigate through the OVI Innovation Pipeline. The contractor shall contribute toward management of all NGA Pilot & Prototypes to help formulate a cloud-based centralized repository for leadership visibility, fact-based decision making on future support or retirement, and influence process improvements. Assist in determining what is an enterprise level function based upon entrepreneurial project maturity and strategic alignment. The contractor shall act as a liaison with the NGA Integrated Program Offices (IPOs) and other capability sustainment homes for transition into operations. The contractor shall build and maintain appropriate database(s) for process improvements to support pilots and prototypes.
- Identify, build and maintain appropriate tracker database(s) in support of new innovation ideas, Pilots and Prototypes
- Research, investigate and document Pilot & Prototype innovation roadblocks
- Collaborate and leverage partnerships with IPO, KC, and Enterprise stakeholders to identify, define and capture specific mission focused problem areas and success criteria.
- Maintain oversight and management of Pilots & Prototypes across the Agency
- Assist with establishing an enterprise-wide application retirement and disposition process for non-prioritized Pilots & Prototypes
- Identify and document a PMs Guide to P&P System Retirement Process. The guide is expected to serve as a foundational document for NGA-wide standardization.
- Ability to identify and communicate technical issues, possess excellent oral and written communication while interfacing with DoD clients and respective NGA Executive, Seniors, and Program Managers
- Participate in the transition of applications to operations and decommissioning of applications across the infrastructure as they have reached the end of their life-cycle
- Prepare and maintain project plans, project milestone reports, project status reports.
- Assist in managing project meetings, project artifacts, and deployment deliverables and facilitating problem triage calls.
- Bachelors Degree or 10+ years demonstrated experience and knowledge in geospatial intelligence functions, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Engineering or a field related to the duties defined above or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGAs organizational hierarchy and business functions (i.e. NERF, IPOs, KCs, Mission Alignment, and governance)
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assessments of future NGA geospatial intelligence capabilities in a team environment to include being a Team Lead, Project Manager or Program Manager
- Demonstrates Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGAs Strategic Correspondence, Guiding Principles, and experience with the geospatial intelligence mission.
Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Start Up methodologies and working knowledge of the NGA SIP, GEA 4.0, SOCs, etc.
Knowledge of the NGA Hybrid Cloud Strategy and environment
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)