Systems Engineer III
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Mid-level Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) Engineers conduct modeling, simulation and analysis activities in support of business stakeholders, analysts, and warfighters to define and analyze system and data requirements to support NGA business and mission processes to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Assists Government with the development and use of complex models, tools and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in Big Data.
- Building and running models to include EO, SAR, Commercial and Foreign collection systems; developing and producing conditional probability tables as model inputs
- Building and running models on all ground, and ground supporting systems to include communications; developing and producing conditional probability tables as model inputs
- Building and updating models and analysis tools within standard modeling software environments such as ExtendSim, Netica, MS Excel, SPSS and/or MATLAB
- Data processing and visualization of large volumes of model inputs and outputs
- Performs data collection and preparation, model formulation and set-up, and execution of production runs or other model experimentation
- Supports developing models NGAs architectures, requirements, and systems performance and considers NGA and NSG strategies and overall vision for the future of GEOINT.
- Supports creating models to support analysis of alternatives, performance trades, design trades and new capabilities and develops alternatives for deployment based on MS&A results in existing NSG architectures and cloud environments.
- Support data exploration and visualization of historical and forecast performance and other data
- Building, testing, updating and maintain tools and techniques for ingesting and processing input and output data.
- Building, testing, updating and maintain tools and techniques that integrate the various input/output data sets from multiple models and simulators.
- Exhibits transparency by sharing all salient facts relevant to the task at hand. Routinely provides honest and frank feedback to leads on the achievability of desired deliverables within proposed timeframes.
- Communicates unexpected setbacks quickly, and proposes mitigation actions. Incorporates lessons learned in future planning.
- Arrives on time and prepared to actively participate in all meetings.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Experience in Government or industry modeling large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Experience working with programming languages such as C, SQL, R, Visual Basic and Python
- Understanding of applied statistics
- Experience with manipulating and maintaining large and complex databases
- Graduate degree in Operations Research, Statistical Analysis, or other higher level mathematics
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission and the use of models, simulation, and visualization technologies in decision support roles.
- Experience with NTM, US Commercial or Foreign Partner GEOINT collection systems and related Key Performance Parameter benchmarks.
- Mid-level Operations Research skills to accompany Systems Analysis and better represent the breadth and depth of the required MS&A interface.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)