Systems Engineer IV
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for leading the delivery of key mission capabilities through the framework of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). The PE is also responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules, tracking and ensuring closure of team tasking, and coordinating the delivery of key project products. The PE is responsible for meeting preparation to include the pre-coordination with key stakeholders, conference room scheduling, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, and tracking risks, issues, and action items. The PE will investigate technical issues, develop recommendations, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, and tracking risks, issues, and action items and communicate in coordination with the Government IPT lead.
- Conduct requirements engineering, scheduling, reliability, resilience, service development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across CAP/SAP architectures, the NSG/ASG (as applicable) and Federal Agencies.
- Candidate must have ability to integrate new data sources, baseline products, prepare Requests for Change (RFCs) or Engineering Review Board (ERB) products and document requirements and technical documents. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage issues and risk.
- Translate high level program strategies into system requirements and work with development contractors to ensure work is consistent with customer strategies
- Meeting preparations to include the pre-coordination with key participants, schedule the room, preparation of agendas and minutes, tracking of action items.
- Function as a liaison between Mission Partner, project stakeholders, and Government POCs for the planning of meeting times, talking points, CoA, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments briefings.
- Deliver products such as: Read ahead, IPT agendas, project plans, and schedules
- Build and maintain IPT high level plans, roadmaps, and schedules.
- Facilitate technical exchange meetings to coordinate integration activities with stakeholders across multiple agencies.
- Update documentation for Interface Control Documents, System Requirements documents, and Product Definition Dictionaries.
- Identify and report issues, investigate and develop recommendations for mitigations.
- Conducts planning, analysis traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance w/SSBI within 5 years.
- Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Science, Engineering, or related technical experience field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 12+ years of experience supporting IC or DoD operations.
- 6+ years of system engineering experience in government or industry
- Experience with the Acquisition Process, PPBES Process, engineering of a large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environment
- Experience in managing highly complex projects through the entire research cycle to include research design, resource planning, data collection, analysis, and documentation of findings.
- Experience in leading analysis for communications studies that identify meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships to improve client communications and media plans.
- Experience supporting the assessment, evaluation and deployment of new or emerging technologies into operations or the architectural impacts and a recommendation path forward.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly accurately to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and with a team environment
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Analytical and strong organizational skills with excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentations skills.
- Familiarity and experience handling multiple levels of security, strong communications skills and ability the work independently.
- Advanced degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program. An advanced degree in this category can account for an additional two years of experience.
- Experience with CAP/SAP architecture in a NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Experience in project management or technical team leadership.
- Experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Working knowledge of photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information science, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to work in and figure out white space mapping.
- Working knowledge of Model Based System Engineering processes, tools, and languages.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
- Familiarity with Satellite Communication Systems.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)