Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect, validate, analyze customer requirements
- Participate in engineering review boards and other technical forums, and facilitate effective integration of technical solutions
- Develop design concepts that are consistent with customer architectural guidance and industry best practices to address new/system requirements, changes to the technical environment, or performance enhancements
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve effectiveness or efficiency through the adoption of new applications, technologies, and techniques
- Evaluate, validate, and analyze compliance with stated requirements
- Communicate technical information into terms that are applicable and understandable to customers/stakeholders at multiple knowledge levels
- TS/SCI w/Poly
- BS in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or similar technical degree;
- Strong systems engineering skills focused on requirements analysis and management;
- Ability to work across multiple technology areas (infrastructure, operating systems, communications systems, etc.) and development methodologies (waterfall/agile)
- Ability to gather, review and synthesize information into presentable deliverables and communication
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support the customers needs, multi-task, work autonomously, take the initiative to provide creative alternatives to intractable challenges or systemic problems.
- Strong understanding of project lifecycle, awareness of and ensuring compliance to client processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment co-located with multiple contractor and customer teammates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Customer domain experience;
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)