Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customer. The program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NGAs highest priorities, including the data engineering project efforts.
The GEOINT Broker (GB) Systems Engineer and Integrator will be part of a team of engineers assessing, developing, prototyping, and engineering a full end-to-end capability to broker customers GEOINT and geospatial needs to suppliers products. The GB SE and Integrator will lead the GB team as it develops requirements, architecture, and roadmaps for the implementation of GB functionality. The GB team will also review the GEOINT architecture, capabilities and services readiness assessments across the existing and emerging NSG enterprise.
- Plan, coordinate and perform full SE&I life cycle technical framework for NSG/ASG/GSG enterprise mission capabilities related to the GEOINT Broker functions. This includes design, integration, interoperability, implementation planning and execution, and effectiveness analyses (i.e., cost, schedule, technical performance, opportunity, risk, supportability, and mission).
- Capture, assess and conduct innovative analysis at all levels of legacy GEOINT Broker functions and services throughout the effort.
- Design and develop the supporting strategy, vision, future end state and concept of operations.
- Advocate current and future technology, and ensure the Project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Design, develop, and execute advanced concepts into prototypes. Translate customer requirements into capability and service specifications as required.
- Ensure systematic and logical conversion of mission needs or product requirements into total systems solutions (acknowledging affordability, schedule, and technical constraints) allocated for implementation to providers of choice.
- Maintain strong awareness of technical IT (Cloud, Mobile, xSP) and all source, all domain integrated ISR trends, ongoing IT projects (ICITE, DI2E, JIE), and NSG/ASG enterprise mission business (e.g., Agile acquisition, SE&I, and innovation) initiatives.
- Apply appropriate project management model (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) selected for capability implementation efforts and apply end-to-end project analysis to ensure capabilities being developed comply with the NSG enterprise technical architecture and support NSG enterprise control gates.
- Keep senior government and SEIN leadership apprised of project status.
- At customer direction, provide oversight and direction to implement customer vision to replace aging legacy systems with an Open System, Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- 16+ years of systems engineering, integration, or systems development experience, with a minimum of 10 years in the IC community
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solve complex problems
- Self-starter able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities delivering efficient staff work
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong customer service team skills; able to collaborate with cross-functional and other organizational teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Able to lead technical forums, reviews, initiatives, and studies
- Technical project engineering leadership skills and experience; Program and systems analysis experience
- Advanced degree or certification in a technical field
- Demonstrated experience in engineering GEOINT data access, discovery, and retrieval
- Demonstrated experience in cloud technology with emphasis on distributed performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSG programs to include both legacy systems, as well as key concepts for future vision architecture (e.g., Cloud hosting, Platform-as-a-Service, and other IC ITE initiatives) and services (e.g., RTM, NCL, eXploit, and NGA Portfolio Initiatives)
- Knowledge of USG and commercial space, air, and ground domain ISR GEOINT capabilities
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: Waterfall, Spiral and Agile development, acquisition, systems engineering, and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management, Test-Driven Development)
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)