Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Associate Chief Engineer (ACE) is an expert-level systems engineer providing leadership, oversight, and technical guidance to the NEE TO2 Team. Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the ACE is accountable for customer engagement, and the overall technical execution and product quality of systems integration initiatives for the NEE TO2 team members. The ACE will be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the office to support program requirements, fulfill task order responsibilities and interface with the government/CE on program technical matters.
- Support customer and program strategic and tactical planning activities
- Proactively engage customer leadership to provide value-added influence to innovative ways to address new initiatives and hard problems
- Lead or participate in the development of system architectures to evolve mission services
- Support Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) and provide data-driven recommendations
- Assess new technologies for fit-for-use by mission services
- Translate customer needs into program requirements
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues and risk management efforts, providing a sound systems engineering approach and an enterprise perspective
- Establish an effective working relationship with the government office CE to ensure program synchronization and technical alignment
- Monitor and provide assured responses to customer action items and program deficiencies
- Support the program Systems Integration Engineering Review Board, including the assessment of program technical products
- Provide technical leadership to project leads, and engage with the team on project execution
- Work closely with both the development contractor and security teams in a systems integration SME and support role to achieve the mission as a cohesive team
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Bachelors degree in engineering, or related STEM degree program
- 18+ years of professional technical experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud Environments
- 12+ years of systems engineering, systems integration or systems development experience
- 10+ years technical leadership experience with IC mission projects, in a multi-contractor, military, and civilian government environment
- 10+ years supporting the assessment, evaluation, and deployment of new or emerging technologies into operations or the architectural impacts and a recommendation path forward
- 8+ years in systems engineering for GEOINT systems, services, or products
- 8+ years of experience in managing system interfaces and end-to-end systems integration of new and existing capabilities
- 5+ years in project management or technical team leadership
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective relationships with senior level customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management; must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, with proven time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced degree in Systems Engineering or related STEM degree program
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technology engineering and migration
- 2+ years of experience agile systems engineering and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management)
- 2+ years of experience with sensitive GEOINT
- Exposure to emerging NSG capabilities and tradecraft to include SOM, ABI, and OBP
- SAFe Agilist and PMP certifications
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)