Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the government space? What if you could find a position that is tailor made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? That's why we need you, an experienced Systems Engineer, to help us evaluate and guide our customer as they evolve the ground enterprise to employ commercial trends like Agile development, Cloud migration, and streamlined DevOps deployments while still meeting national intelligence needs. You will inform the Govt Program Management Office on program successes and challenges , provide technical guidance, and make recommendations for modifications and future evolution of the ground architecture.
This is an opportunity to build your experience with using the latest open source tools, trends, and techniques on technical issues supporting the mission of our Intelligence Community Customer.
Let us help you in building your career while you provide mission critical support to the warfighter. When you join Perspecta, you can expect a culture that focuses on supporting our employees and giving opportunities that provide stability while offering variety. You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our online learning portal. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing another degree or certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success. We will also take care of you financially, by providing a benefits package that is un-matched and puts money back into your paycheck. Let us pay a significant portion of your medical, dental, vision premiums, give you extra PTO days and a monetary bonus once a year!
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Active TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- More than 5 years experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering (to include experience with Architecture, CONOPS, and Requirements).
- Experience supporting agile acquisition strategy, development and release planning, and continuous integration initiatives supporting mission capability releases enabling end-to-end missions.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, organization, client relationship, multi-tasking, load-balancing skill.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and collaborate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority.
- Ability to identify mission, work flow, inefficiency, technology gaps in current capabilities and processes.
- Strong customer service/teaming, data gathering/analytical skill; able to collaborate across functional team.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation skills; ability to lead tech forums with senior government personnel
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with mission and technical personnel at multiple levels
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Info Systems, Math, or related scientific or tech discipline
- Project Engineering / Technical Task Lead & Agile SE&I (SAFe implementation) skills/experience
- Experience in commercial industry IT Systems & Technology, including product workflows, information ops/assurance, cloud-based service oriented architectures, data/metadata standards, industry best practices.
- Experience in Digital Engineering or Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in Thread Based Mission Engineering
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with ground system architecture and technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more satellite intelligence systems.
- Ability to work for a specific IC customer, and familiarity with that customers processes and organization.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)