Systems Engineer TSR Data Thread SME
Arapahoe County, CO
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Provide support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains. The successful individual will perform end-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, implementation, and support. This position requires strong systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction, in the areas of:
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.) simultaneously.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas.
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- TechSIGINT to include the various disciplines and tools.
- Corporate architecture and tools.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Masters degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Ability to assemble, lead, and manage high-performing teams through an adaptive leadership style.
- Experience working in a matrix management construct with responsibility for technical outcomes while team leads are responsible for management, especially assignment and accountability of resources, to support specific threads.
- Experience creating thread reviews respective of assigned threads that clearly display the assigned set of use cases, mission outcomes, and measures of success.
- Experience providing insight into the various organizations priorities and care-abouts regarding assigned threads and report back to Customer Leadership, particularly early on, and also provide reciprocal feedback from the Customer Leadership to the partner organizations. Collaboration with these partner organizations will require interaction with civilian, military, and contractor staff of various experience levels to achieve outcomes.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations.
- Knowledge of systems engineering documentation end-to-end to include, but not limited to, DoDAF architecture products, CONOPS, ICDs, capabilities documents, SEPs, test plans, hardware & software design documentation, requirements specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of the business knowledge and enterprise data standards to implement strategies that benefit the enterprise.
- Support development, decision tracking, and cross-thread analysis; working with other thread leads to further develop thread concepts, configuration management, prioritization of processes, and document decisions.
- Provide analysis across the enterprise on implementation strategies, engineering processes, identification of gaps and needs, and efficiencies/duplication avoidance.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)