Systems Engineering Manager
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Within their technical role, Expert Systems Engineers assist in leading engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
Programmatic duties include:
- Manages a directorate within a division. Has supervisory and developmental responsibilities within a functional area. The program director manages one or more projects or programs, may manage an operating office and supervises professional and technical personnel performing in their customary disciplines.
- Responsible for the successful technical, schedule, and cost performance of a major program, or multiple programs, through subordinate program/project managers, in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Maintains aggressive efforts to achieve objectives. Acts as a technical liaison with vendors.
- Develop and deliver required contract, departmental, project and/or financial reports.
- Monitor contract, subcontract, and funding; prepare forecasts of program financial performance. Responsible for all phases of the program budget. Performs analysis for contract reviews with various software.
- Trains and supervises personnel. Develops Quality Assurance Programs for all products and services. Prepare Staffing Plans, including skill and labor mix, to support contract operations. May be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff. Assign staff and provide technical direction as necessary to complete task.
- Acquires follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supports new business development by leading major proposals personally, or through subordinate program/project managers. Assists in proposal process and coordinates with Pricing Department when required.
Assists Government in directing system architects in the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of solution architectures ensuring traceability to the Enterprise architecture and Enterprise requirements.
- Assists with the analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advises the Government on proposed changes to the solutions architecture design based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level System Architect contractors.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Expert working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), or Intelligence Communitys (IC) Program Architecture Guidance (PAG).
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Federated Enterprise Architect Certifications: Certified Enterprise Architect
- National Defense University, College of Information and Cyberspace, Enterprise Architecture Certification
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)