Task Order Program Manager
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Task Order Program Manager (Expert-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Expert-level Task Order (TO) Program Managers (PM) are responsible for ensuring the successful contractual and programmatic execution of the TO and serves as the authoritative point of contact for the Vendor on all TO performance matters. The TO PM interfaces with the NSES PMO and TO Government Leads to ensure all positions are staffed and/or backfilled quickly with qualified personnel in accordance with the specified TO Position Descriptions. The TO PM is responsible for ensuring work deliverables, resolving performance shortfalls or deficiencies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating overarching Government objectives and goals for the Task Order to the contractor team. The TO PM works with the TO Lead Integrators, Business Process Manager, and all Critical Staff (critical staffing positions) as well as the Government TO Leads to plan and orchestrate work activities for coordinated deliveries and comprehensive solutions. The TO PM provides technical expertise and assistance to the Government on programmatic matters related to lifecycle engineering and industry best program management practices to achieve NGAs GEOINT mission.
Duties may include:
- Provide Contract Management support to the NSES PMO to ensure the timely execution of all financial, staffing and administrative contract actions.
- Provide program management support to Government TO Leads to facilitate the technical execution of the TO. Program Management support includes cost, schedule, risk and performance management of all TO staff and work activities.
- Work with Government TO Leads to ensure contractor personnel are qualified to perform the assigned task, tasks are understood and completed within the specified timelines, and potential personnel problems are pre-empted.
- Consult and coordinate with the NSES PMO and appropriate Government TO Leads for new resource requirements and associated cost estimates resulting from technical work scope adjustments.
- In coordination with the NSES PMO and Government TO Leads, establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures enabling the rapid respond to surge requirements for increased contract personnel.
- Pre-coordinate all travel and training with the NSES PMO and Government TO Leads prior to scheduling.
- Ensure programmatic alignment and adherence to the NGA Vision, Planning and Programs, CIOT Priorities and TA Priorities.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, configuration management and timely delivery of all required TO deliverables to include the Monthly Financial Report, Monthly Staffing Report, Monthly Activity Report, Quarterly Program Management Review materials, and as required Trip Reports, Briefings, Evaluations, Technical Assignments, White Papers or other Government requested deliverables necessary for the successful execution and/or completion of work activities.
- Plan and execute Quarterly Program Reviews to provide the NSES PMO and Government TO Leads a comprehensive understanding of the health/status of all TO activities.
- Support the coordination of program management activities between the TA Engineering Offices and Divisions, CIOT Groups, and NGA Directorates and Associate Directorates.
- Support NGA and IC Steering Groups, Advisory Groups and Governance Boards as required.
- Provide program management expertise in lean six-sigma strategies and execution and agile methods, practices and execution.
- Perform day-to-day contractual and programmatic management of the TO.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- 18+ years of experience as a Program Manager in terms of cost, schedule, performance, and risk management.
- Experience in engineering, design and analysis of IT or related systems experience in all phases of design, development, analysis and documentation, and development of standards and guidelines for tasks being performed.
- 18+ years of experience working in government or industry in DoD/IC Acquisition Process or PPBES.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), DAWIA Level III certification in Program Management or equivalent specialized experience with Project Management tools and techniques.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Knowledge of the geospatial intelligence mission and its contributions to the Intelligence Community.
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Experience with the development and/or review of cost estimates and the associated technical work scope necessary to achieve stated objectives.
- Experience in lean six-sigma.
- Experience in tailoring and using both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Experience with the identification of technical issues and proactive communication of possible impacts.
- Experience in performing validation and verification of various engineering results and deliverables to ensure the highest quality results against customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of Cloud-based technologies.
- Working knowledge of structured and unstructured Big Data.
- Working knowledge of Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- Experience with and strong understanding of systems engineering lifecycle.
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work experience.
- Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)