Tech Insertion Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Tech Insertion Specialist will engage in continuous technology insertion into cloud-based systems engineering and integration implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment. Activities supported include full life cycle end-to-end engineering, development, integration and deployment of cloud-based computing and information systems that meet specified mission needs.
Considered a recognized authority within the company. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Identifies and engineers technology insertion solutions into systems and applications across enterprise or IC/DoD/service component environments. Evaluates existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs, and identify technology solutionsto fill capability gaps. Seeks to optimize integration of diverse systems, networks, and servers to achieve overall aims. Troubleshoot sand debugs system issues to increase performance and quality of data. Document and create visual representations of systems and their inputs and out. Optimize deployments and sustainment activities to ensure integrated functionality and interoperability. Partners with delivery teams to proactively integrate technology solutions to enhance accomplishment of system integration, verification, and validation. Provides recommendations with respect to requirements management activities; Generates reviews, revises, updates, and maintains configuration. Assists development, quality assurance, and engineering of technology insertion solutions implementation. Functions as the technical liaison with change control processes and authority. Collaborates with architects, engineers, development, users, and management to coordinate changes. Identifies model elements and documentation required for systems design, development, test, and operation. Defines and implements the appropriate level of configuration management for configuration items. Ensures design traceability by linking and/or de-coupling requirements across multiple interfaces and associated artifacts. Prepares configuration management activity / status reports and metrics for project meetings and reviews. Audits configuration items to verify conformance with specifications, drawings, and interface control documents. Analyzes impacts to systems performance, sustainment, and supportability of the systems during all stages of the acquisition life cycle. Plans, prepares, executes configuration management activities and products in support of required audits and milestone events. Designs and develops technology solutions insertion into complex applications problems-solving, system implementation or operational issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's with 10-12 yrs of exp. or Master's with 8-10 yrs of exp.; Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree.
- Any Cloud-related Professional certification(s): e.g., i. Professional Cloud Solutions Architect (PCSA) ii. AWS Solutions Architect (Professional), iii. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, iv. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate), v. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional), vi. AWS Certified Big Data (Specialty)]
- Experience leading a distributed cross-functional information technology implementation team.
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- Hands-on experience in large-scale distributed systems engineering, integration, applications, analysis, optimization (e.g., architecture, design, development, implementation, interoperability, verification, deployment and sustainment).
- Experience using Agile implementation methodologies.
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Relevant EA/SA (Architect), SE&I (INCOSE), IT (ITIL), Security (CISSP), Agile (CSM) certs; SAFe SME
- Large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms experience (e.g., AWS or Elastic MapReduce).
- Cloud-based SE&I, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment experience.
- Ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities/processes, and to perform technology insertion.
- Knowledge of/demonstrated proficiency applying SE&I process, producing SE artifacts, designing solutions, performing trades, mission utility, interoperability and affordability analysis, requirements engineering, interface definition, detailed implementation planning, tech insertion, risk management, readiness, certification and transition.
- Experience in commercial/defense industry IT Systems, including product workflows, information operations and assurance, cloud architectures, distributed web services frameworks, data standards, and industry best practices.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)