Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Technical Editor is responsible for producing traditional and online training and other content for a large government agency. The Technical Editor will have proven editing skills, be able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, manage his or her assigned tasks on multiple projects in various stages of development, and collaborate with an design team members and subject matter experts to produce clear, concise training products that are appropriate for the intended audience. You will be providing in-depth developmental editing for various paper-based and electronic products associated with learning initiatives and training developed. You will ensure overall editorial quality of training materials developed, including compliance with all federal regulations and guidelines and adherence to internal and client standards. Working within a team to create and maintain methodologies, processes, and procedures that ensure consistency across multiple deliverables and trainings, including compliance with style guides, conventions, and checklists for work products and deliverables. You will be responsible for reviewing materials for content, clarity, consistency, grammar, format, organization, and instructional efficacy, and assist in establishing and monitoring procedures to confirm these standards are maintained. You will be working with teams comprised of instructional designers, content writers, editors, graphic designers, and training developers to create and deliver effective and engaging instructional content.
Specific tasks that the Technical Editor will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Provide in-depth developmental editing for various paper-based and electronic products associated with Learning initiatives and training developed.
- Ensure overall editorial quality of training materials developed, including compliance with all federal regulations and guidelines and adherence to internal and client standards.
- Work within a writing, editing, training teams to create and maintain methodologies, processes, and procedures that ensure consistency across multiple deliverables and trainings, including compliance with style guides, conventions, and checklists for work products and deliverables.
- Review materials for content, clarity, consistency, grammar, format, organization, and instructional efficacy, and assist in establishing and monitoring procedures to confirm these standards are maintained.
- Work with teams comprised of instructional designers, content writers, editors, graphic designers, and Learning developers to create and deliver effective and engaging instructional content.
- Provide production support (i.e., printing, binding, and packaging of hardcopies and electronic media)
- Ensure correct version control and file naming
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of your work as well as our internal processes to contribute to the overall success of the Program. Stay current with industry best practices and share with your coworkers to help improve everyones skills
- Assist in developing training to ensure end users of DIA systems understand how to use DIA Products.
- Assist in developing media such as training and educational videos in concert with product releases.
- Assist in developing, sustain, update DIAs product library to ensure all training is applicable to current production environment.
- Work with the program to provide an innovative approach and cost avoidance.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 05-07 yrs., Master's w/ 8-10 yrs. experience, Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Knowledge of one or more; InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, Print Production and its technologies including hardware, software and color management and calibration.
- Advanced grammar skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to confidently make independent editorial decisions and be responsible for assigned tasks and work products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of highly integrated teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Experience editing instructional training content that conforms to stated learning objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and SharePoint
- Must have the ability to proactively resolve issues in a diplomatic, flexible, and constructive manner
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Certification(s) e.g., DoD Instructional Systems Design Professional Certification
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience in editorial project management and documentation quality control, particularly involving management of both processes and personnel, would be a decided advantage.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)