Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
- Oversees the editing of material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications.
- Edits manuscripts by reviewing content for completeness, accuracy and correctness of language use and revises manuscripts to meet predetermined standards of style and accuracy.
- Looks for inconsistencies of thought, development or organization.
- Confers with authors to recommend treatment of material.
- Reorganizes, cuts or rewrites as necessary. May edit copy as well.
- Allocates print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plans the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Verifies facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Oversees publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a Secret Clearance or to the ability to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
- Experience with MS Sharepoint
- Experience editing IT architecture diagrams
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)