Training Applications Development
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Applications Programmer/Analyst will be responsible to provide programming support to the various units in the training and outreach organization. Leads and coordinates the design, development, implementation and support of business and/or technical information technology solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies. Defines project scope, plans and deliverables including cost projections and proposed implementation dates. Assists leadership in determining technical direction of the organization. Researches, analyzes, recommends and implements new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques. Creates portions of information technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technology context and business needs. Provides technical leadership to others on the application of new technologies, appropriate project management and system development methodologies. Reviews other system and programming designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technologies. Identifies, develops, updates and enforces standards and procedures. Monitors and ensures resolutions of performance issues. Interfaces with support groups and production problems, technical concerns and financial issues. Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
Specific tasks that the Applications Programmer/Analyst will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Provides technical expertise for software development, implementation, and analysis
- Projects long-range requirements for application design.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing Software Applications in cloud/non-cloud environment.
- Assist with keeping existing software applications secure and performing optimally.
- Experience using agile methodology for application install/maintenance/updates.
- Support Software Applications initial solution deployment to a production environment.
- Support periodic enhancements are required to keep the application current.
- Support includes but not limited to documentation updates, requirements gathering, design and development, test planning and execution, end user training, configuration management, software deployment.
- Experience with web platform development and program testing software; familiarity with Java, .NET, SQL and C programming languages, ability to use application servers and logic analyzers.
- Assists with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, software development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Perform requested changes, updates and modifications.
- Develop, maintain, implement, and support software applications
- Debug programs utilizing design specifications and test plans.
- Evaluate requests for system enhancements and develop schedules for completion.
- Assist users with procedural or minor technical problems.
- Evaluate new software/hardware to judge its applicability and appropriateness for use
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 05-7 yrs. experience, Master's w/ 03-05 yrs. experience Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Good knowledge of software development tools
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve initial draft and concepts
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Training Certification(s) e.g., Microsoft Computer Systems Engineer (MSCE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)