Training Database Management
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Database Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, building, analyzing, evaluating, and installing database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management in support of the Training and Outreach organization. Using data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation. Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases. Writes and tunes queries for performance and scalability. Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
Specific tasks that the Database Engineer will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Provides technical expertise for database design, software development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
- Develops requirements from a projects inception to its conclusion for a particular business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex system).
- Assists with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, software development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Implement and administer databases within a multi-tiered environment for the Training and Outreach organization.
- Perform capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies and identifying solutions.
- Work with infrastructure staff to ensure that needed system resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Perform database patches and upgrades.
- Configure and maintain database for various system usage thresholds.
- Perform requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 08-10 yrs. experience, Master's w/ 06-08 yrs. experience Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and application
- Experience with implementing data analysis tools, evaluating various types of data, evaluating various datasets, and determining practical solutions to data challenges
- Ability to incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve initial draft and concepts
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Training Certification(s) e.g., DoD Instructional Systems Design Professional Certification
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience with Cloud Data warehouse tools, such as Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake, is beneficial.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)