Training Hardware Systems O&M
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Hardware Engineer III will be responsible to research, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment defining the next generation of products and product features, and to bring those products from concept to production. The Hardware Engineer will solve challenging engineering problems. You will be responsible for the installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components. The engineer will define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of designs. The engineer will work with many cross-functional teams including program managers, software engineers, QA engineers, as well as numerous third-party vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers. Efforts will include the development and tracking of hardware plans, schedules, and driving tasks to closure through effective collaboration across the enterprise. You will be involved in the development including planning and requirements, preliminary and detail design, prototype hardware build and test, system integration and implementation. The Hardware Engineer provides on-site supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment for the training and outreach organization. You will analyze existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions. Prepares engineering plans, site installation, technical design packages and hardware installation schedules. Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes for the organization. Prepares site installation and test reports. Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment. Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware.
Specific tasks that the Hardware Engineer III will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed using computer simulation.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders including training, outreach organizations throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Provide training and support to system designers and users.
- Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
- Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 05-07 yrs. experience, Master's w/ 03-05 yrs. experience Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.).
- Experience with hardware development, test, and implementation functions.
- Ability to incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve initial draft and concepts
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Certification(s) e.g., Microsoft Computer Systems Engineer (MSCE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with manufacturers.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)