Web-based Training Development
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
As a Web Developer supporting the training and outreach efforts you will be responsible for creating engaging web experiences and translates a deep knowledge of web development into interactive trainings for content editors, managers, and developers. You will work closely with other staff, members, and leaders to transition concepts, and designs into functional and modern websites and e-learning applications. Along with coding and styling websites, you will be a part of a team responsible for updating, changing, and posting content to DIA TALOS training websites. This multi-faceted position requires the ability to shift seamlessly between web development, and content management, while exceling at both while demonstrating creativity, good judgement, and understanding of the associations digital goals. The successful candidate will be able to comfortably translate their knowledge of web design and development into concise, engaging, and interactive training materials that will be delivered in-person and digitally. An understanding of UI/UX design, CSS, and HTML, as well as comfort in supporting training organizations is essential. You will be creating web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. Developing new Web applications through packaged and customized applications. You will be considered an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. Working under only general direction, developing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Exercises latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
Specific tasks that the Desktop Publisher will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Proficient understanding of HTML, CSS, and managing content
- Use of Analytics and performance metrics to influence development decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
- Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making as well as team collaboration, easily able to transition between projects using exceptional time management skills.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Developing custom programs for web sites that will attract and appeal to users, and provide desired information.
- Creating web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment.
- Developing new web applications through packaged and customized applications.
- Creating web front-end user interface to new or existing databases using a combination of HTML, SQL, or other languages to make business applications accessible.
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of your work as well as our internal processes to contribute to the overall success of the Program. Stay current with industry best practices and share with your coworkers to help improve everyones skills
- Assist in developing training to ensure end users of DIA systems understand how to use DIA Products.
l. Work with the program to provide an innovative approach and cost avoidance.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 08-10 yrs. experience, Master's w/ 06-08 yrs. experience Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Web Development experience, in Design, Development, Troubleshooting, Debugging, and Implementing within a web environment
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and highly visible environment with the ability to work across branch and organizational lines.
- Ability to incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve initial draft and concepts
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Certification(s) e.g., DoD Instructional Systems Design Professional Certification
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience delivering web-based training and educational products.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)